Registration on the Digicape website is required for online ordering.
Products for sale on this website are available to South African clients only. This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Digicape chooses its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Digicape shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, 'personal information' shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
When paying for goods by direct transfer there is no obligation to purchase prior to receipt of your order confirmation. Final order confirmation is required by email. Goods remain the property of Digicape until such time as they are paid for in full.
The cancellation of confirmed orders should be discussed with, and agreement obtained in writing from a director of Digicape. Confirmed orders will be subject to a minimum cancellation fee of 10% of the total order plus any incurred shipping or handling charges.
*As a courtesy we will allow you to use the 50% forfeited as deposit towards a future training course at Digicape within one year of the cancellation date.
This offer is only for the purpose of providing your child the device required as specified by their school. Offer is limited to one device per child registered at the school.
Documents required for tertiary offer:
Copy of your ID/ Drivers license (for verification purposes only)
Copy of student card, proof of registration or letter from institution confirming validity and student status for 2021.
K-12 Teachers, tertiary students, lecturers and faculty staff members or permanent employees at Universities and Colleges
Copy of your ID/ Drivers license (for verification purposes only)
Letter of employment dated 2021, and proof of employment has to be stamped by the educational institution on an official letterhead.
*Only 1 Mac or iPad may be claimed by qualifying K-12 teacher, tertiary student, lecturer and faculty staff per year. Offer valid on selected Mac & iPad until 12 March 2021 or while stocks last. Limited stock and is subject to availability. E&OE.
Payment methods accepted at any Digicape retail store are cash, debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only), Direct Bank Transfer or via an approved Mobicred account. Financed purchases require a letter of confirmation from the finance company of the finance facility being available. Payment for online purchases may be made by direct bank transfer, a mobicred account or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) as processed via the Pay U Payment Solutions (PTY) Ltd portal.
In the event of non-payment, Digicape reserve the right to claim compensation for all costs incurred in the preparation of fulfilment of the confirmed order, and any costs incurred in the recovery of outstanding monies.
For further information and help regarding our online shopping process please email email@example.com.
Click here for more detail on Mobicred. Mobicred (Pty) Ltd. is a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP10896).
Click here for more detail on FASTA. FASTA (Pty) Ltd is a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP10591).
Click here for more detail on RCS Group. RCS is a registered Credit and Financial Services Provider (NCRCP 38. FSP 44481.
Online credit card transactions will be acquired for Digicape via Pay U Payment Solutions (PTY) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa. Pay U uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3), and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to the Pay U website to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details will be stored by Digicape separately from card details, which are entered by the client on Pay U’s secure site.
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that your order is ready for collection/delivery as soon as possible, our large range of products makes it difficult to guarantee exact times. Please allow 2 to 14 workings days from the date of order confirmation. We rely on information supplied by importers, shipping agencies and couriers and cannot be held responsible for late delivery, for reasons beyond our control. Should you require a more accurate delivery time on the specific items, please call us on (021) 464-6800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please notify Digicape within three working days if the goods you receive are incorrect or unsatisfactory. Goods will only be accepted for return and refund in their original un-opened packaging, or a restocking fee of 10% will apply.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained in the online store and of all invoices. Discrepancies can arise due to model changes and stock availability. Digicape cannot be held liable for items supplied that are not to the specification described. Prices are also subject to change due to fluctuating exchange rates. All prices include VAT.
Please check that all goods are in full working order upon receipt. A) Hardware: Products sold through the online store are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with the terms and conditions packaged with the products. The respective manufacturers limited warranties therefore apply. Full details of the Apple warranty cover can also be viewed on the Apple web site at www.apple.com/legal/warranty. B) Software: There are no guarantees or warranties from either the manufacturer or Digicape for any software product supplied.
Trade-in are indicative values only and are subject to physical assessment by one of our technical team. Any offering is made subject to the applicant being the lawful owner of the device, the device being in good working order, with no damage whatsoever to the screen, no liquid damage, no damage to the outer shell, including any scratches or small dents, and the device has not had any unauthorised repairs. All user data must be removed from the device. iCloud removed and Find My Device disabled.
The trade-in value may increase or decrease accordingly based on this physical assessment, if any of the above conditions are not met or are found to be untrue. A reduced trade-in amount will be paid if a working Apple charger/power cable does not accompany the device when trading it in. Assessment results are final.
Up to Five qualifying products may be traded in, at a time, against the purchase of a new iPhone, Mac, iPad, or Apple Watch. If the product to be traded in is linked to a cellular contract, that contract needs to be settled in full. Should there be any money outstanding on the device accepting these terms and conditions serves as a declaration that all outstanding money on the device or any obligation to the cellular network for this device will be settled in full, irrespective of whether the device is traded in before the contract expires.
When you buy a new iPhone, Mac, iPad, or Apple Watch for cash, take out a new cellular contract, or upgrade an existing contract the trade in amount will be passed as either an upfront discount on the purchases of a new product on same day of a trade-in or as a store credit to be used at a later stage at Digicape.
A device trade-in will not be considered if the serial number on the device has been removed, damaged or hidden or if the device itself has been altered, tampered with in any way. Digicape will not be held liable for any misrepresentation caused due to an unintentional copy error, and/or omission that may occur on any of our material.
Only Apple products purchased in South Africa from Authorised Resellers are eligible for trade-in at Digicape. E&OE.
By accepting these terms, the customer confirms and acknowledges that he agrees with and understands the disclaimer and terms and conditions below.
1. The customer further warrants that he is the owner/s of the device(s), or, that he was given permission to sign this document and consents to the service and/or repair on behalf of the owner, subject to these terms and conditions.
2. The customer warrants that he has backed up and secured on a separate device, all the data contained on the device prior to handing in the device. The customer acknowledges that in the event of a board failure, all data on such device will be lost and will be non-recoverable, under any circumstances. The customer indemnifies, and holds Digicape harmless against all damage/s, harm and loss howsoever arising with reference to the device aforementioned, the repair thereof to be effected, any loss or corruption of data including but not limited to confidential, proprietary or personal information howsoever arising.
3. The customer warrants that he has removed any and all removable media such as DVDs, CDs, PC cards and/or any SIM cards and accordingly indemnifies Digicape against the loss of any removable media.
4. The condition of the device will be noted at time of booking in. Notwithstanding the aforesaid it shall be the responsibility of the customer to prove that the device did not have any pre-existing defects when handed in.
5. The customer undertakes to remove any third party add-ons including but not limited to screen protectors and/or covers, which may be damaged or destroyed during the repair. Digicape will not be held liable for the costs to replace any such third party add-ons.
6. The customer further undertakes to disable and/or remove applications such as “Find my iPhone” and “Activation Lock” prior to booking in the device for service or repair. These applications may restrict Digicape from effecting hardware service and/or repair, as such devices with these or similar applications will be rejected, if not disabled.
7. Any repairs or service to be carried out on the device which is not covered by a warranty will be quoted on accordingly.
8. A quotation is an estimate which may change if the repair is unsuccessful or if additional parts or services are required. Quotations are valid for a period of 7 days and may be subject to ROE fluctuations. Repairs will only be undertaken on receipt of written acceptance/approval of a quotation, and receipt of the 50% deposit payment of the presented quotation, which may be communicated via electronic communication to email@example.com.
9. Digicape shall not accept cancellations after receiving an acceptance or approval of a quotation, and if the part has been placed on order already with Apple. The customer shall be liable for the full repair charges alternatively, at Digicape sole discretion, a reasonable cancellation penalty will be levied before the device is released. A device will only be released once any outstanding/full payment has been received in our bank account.
10. A service charge may be applied where the customer has requested Digicape to assess the device. This may, by necessity, require certain services to be performed for the purposes of assessing fault/damage and in order to provide the customer with a quotation for the costs of repairs to the device. In this instance, Digicape will request the completion of an assessment form, which will note any applicable charges.
11. In an event where the device has sustained liquid or physical damage, the customer indemnifies Digicape harmless against any/all damage or harm/loss whatsoever arising from the assessment process. Please be advised that Digicape may not be able to return the device in working order after it has been disassembled for assessment purposes.
12. In the event where devices have sustained damage to the LCD screens, lenses or touchscreens which have the probability to disintegrate during disassembly and will therefore not be returnable in the condition that the device was received, the customer accordingly indemnifies and holds Digicape harmless against all damage/s, harm and loss howsoever arising with reference to the aforementioned.
12. In accordance with the law, Digicape will not be obliged to return devices that have been assessed and found to be reported stolen/blacklisted, unless the customer is able to prove ownership thereof.
13. Digicape does not hold parts in stock and availability is dependent on the supply from the manufacturer and we therefore cannot guarantee the availability of parts. Parts ship ex Europe with an average ETA of 7 – 10 working days.
14. Digicape cannot guarantee the availability of any loan equipment should a repair take longer than expected. The customer hereby acknowledges that time is not of the essence and Digicape will not be held liable for any damages or inconvenience suffered as a result of a delay in the return of the device.
15. All collections need to be done during service centre trading hours. The customer is to present this document for collection and no unit will be released without this document.
16. The customer hereby undertakes to collect his device within 14 days after the completion of the repair. Should the customer fail to collect the device within 30 days of completion of the repair/service then Digicape shall have the right to charge a storage fee of R50.00 per day per device retrospective with effect from the 14th day after completion of the repair.
17. The customer acknowledges that by booking in his device, that such device is pledged to Digicape as security for payment of the repair/service and storage fee as well as for the full value of any loan device not returned to Digicape or for any damage caused to a loan device.
18. Digicape reserves the right to dispose of the device to defray the costs and expenses incurred, if the device is not claimed and/or if any amount charged herein remains unpaid after 30 days from repair.
19. The customer agrees that the telephone number/s and email addresses that he provides herein are his chosen method of contact and address/number and he confirms that any legal notices or documents that Digicape may send for his attention can be sent to either contact detail.
20. Payment must be tendered prior to collection of the device. Payment shall be made at the time of collection unless the payment will be made via EFT. All EFT payments are to reflect in our Bank account before any devices may be collected.
21. A replacement or repaired part, assumes the remaining term of the Warranty or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for the customer. When a part is replaced or repaired, any replacement or repaired item becomes the customer’s property and the replaced and/or discarded item becomes Digicape’s property.
22. Digicape, their directors, affiliates, employees, contractors and agents will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any damages, whether direct, special, general, indirect, incidental, exemplary or consequential, resulting from any service consultation, services rendered or goods supplied, including without limitation, the cost of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data.
This includes, without limitation, failure to maintain the confidentiality of data, or any loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings or goodwill. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Digicape does not warrant that it will be able to (1) repair or replace any products or equipment without risk to or loss of programs, applications or data; (2) maintain confidentiality of data; or (3) preserve data/material stored on the device. The customer accordingly indemnifies and holds harmless Digicape from any liability in this regard whatsoever.
23. In order to effect the repair or replacement of the device, it will be necessary for the Digicape to process some of the customers’ personal information. The customer hereby acknowledges that processing includes (but is not limited to) collection, retention, use, storage or distribution of personal information.
Contact information is also used for communication purposes throughout the repair process. The customer hereby agrees that personal information may be stored on the Digicape database and may be used for any lawful purpose at Digicape’s discretion and consent to the processing of your personal information by the Digicape accordingly. The customer absolves Digicape from any liability in terms of Protection of Personal Information Act No 4.of 2013 (POPI) for failing to obtain further consent or to notify the customer of the reason for the processing of personal information.
24. No addition to, variation of, or agreed cancellation of these terms and conditions shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by both parties by way of handwritten signatures.
25. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable by any court of law or other tribunal or competent authority, such provision shall be severable from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
26. No indulgence by any party shall operate as an estoppel against it in respect of any of its rights hereunder, nor shall it operate so as to preclude any party thereafter from exercising its rights strictly in accordance with this agreement.
By using this site you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions. Please check the Terms and Conditions regularly as we reserve the right to make changes without notice. By subscribing you also agree that full and accurate information will be provided, that it is your responsibility to check and update information pertaining to your user account, that registration is for a single user and that your username and password will not be shared with anyone else. By posting information or using any service available on our site you agree that you will not upload, post or facilitate distribution of content that is, or may be, contrary to any governing laws or common decency, an infringement of any patent, containing any software virus or an impersonation of any person or entity. All postings are accepted in good faith and Digicape cannot be held liable for any content posted by our subscribers. Submission of content to this site grants Digicape the right to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose. You also agree that you will not collect information about the users or members of DigiMates for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications. Nobody likes spam! Information contained on this site remains the property of Digicape and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Content cannot be used in any format without express written permission from the Digicape Board of Directors. If you believe that your work has been copied and published on this site without your permission, please let us know.
All content of this web site is provided 'as is' and 'as available' and Digicape makes no representation or Warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties, as to the correctness or suitability of content. The web site owner, its officers, employees, suppliers, ISPs, partners, affiliates and agents, shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability, howsoever arising, incurred by users or any other persons and resulting from the use or inability to use this web site. The web site owner disclaims all responsibility or liability for any damages, including but not limited to direct, economic, consequential loss or loss of profits, resulting from the use of this site in any manner. The web site owner has no control over third party content and features which can be accessed through the use of this web site and does not examine or edit such content and features or act as an agent for third parties accessible through this web site. As such and to the fullest possible extent permissible under law the web site owner disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from third party content or access.
Digicape may, at its sole discretion change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
Information contained in all email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and are intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received any email in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
This website is run by Praysa Trade 1165 (Pty) Ltd, based in South Africa, trading as Digicape and with registration number 2001/026493/07. Directors are Alan Goldberg, Allan Harper, Gaynor MacArthur, Craig Parker, Mark Parsons, Christopher Dodd (Non-Executive). Our telephone number is 021 464 6800.