If you missed the announcement earlier this year here are the top 5 things you need to know about Adobe Creative Cloud:
- Going forward the entire Adobe Creative Suite range of software (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) and apps will only be available as a Cloud-based service, sold through their distributor network. Digicape is an Adobe Gold Certified partner in South Africa..
- One membership license gives you access to the latest versions of all apps, new features and upgrades as they become available. And you get to download the apps to your desktop on up to 2 machines per license.
- Cloud storage and file syncing means that you can reliably access your files irrespective of what device you're working on. Share ideas, concepts and creative with clients or colleagues wherever you are, even from your mobile device.
- Creative Cloud lets you build and publish websites, mobile apps, iPad publications and content for any device or medium and with Behance integration you can publish your portfolio to your own URL.
- Experiment, learn a new skill and while you're busy plug into the world's largest creative community and share ideas, get feedback on your work, collaborate with other creatives, look for new opportunities and get inspired by the work of others.
New Lightroom 5 now in Creative Cloud
Just when you thought you were producing your best work, Adobe has raised the bar. The new Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 will blow your mind. It's guaranteed to make digital photography easier and faster enabling you to produce flawless images with easy collaboration. If any of these terms mean anything to you then we know you'll be amazed by what the new Lightroom 5 has to offer; Upright, Radial Gradient, Advanced Healing Brush, Smart Previews, Location-based organization, Highlight and Shadow recovery, Advanced black-and-white conversion and Fast cross-platform performance, Tight Photoshop integration, Selective adjustment brushes, Superior noise reduction, Nondestructive environment and Develop presets
What else is new in Creative Cloud?
- Speed up common editing, navigation and media-management tasks with Adobe Premier Pro CC.
- Track activity on shared files, display real-time feedback on your Behance portfolio and keep all your apps up to date with the Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Learn essential techniques and workflows on how to use Adobe's creative tools by accessing over 200 tutorials in the Learn centre.
- Revolutionise digital imaging including the most advanced sharpening tool available today. Sync your settings across machines at home or work, share directly from Photoshop CC and get access to features as soon as they're released.
- Sync colours from Adobe Kuler and experience advanced vector graphics with the powerful and connected Illustrator CC. Get more control over type: move, scale and rotate individual characters and change font or copy at any time.
- The all-new InDesign CC sets a new standard for print and digital publishing. Get 64-bit support, Retina display support, QR code creation, better EPUB files a sleeker UI and all the tools to find the perfect font faster.
- Your all-in-one web and mobile development tool, Dreamweaver CC allows you to code faster with new visual editing capabilities including CSS Designer.
- Control and edit video faster with new short cuts introduced into the new Adobe Premier Pro CC. The integrated Lumetri Deep Color Engine allows you to correct colour directly in the timeline.
- Think of amazing visual effects with the power-packed Adobe After Effects CC including faster rotoscoping, pixel motion blur and tools for adding 3D objects.
Need more info on Adobe Creative Cloud? Not sure how to make the switch, what tools are available or how to migrate your existing files? Digicape has all the answers. Contact Janine van Rooi our resident Adobe expert.